You Do it because You are a Responsible Son

Many of us are frustrated simply because we run our Christian race with an "entitlement mentality."

Things happen, and we begin to ask "Why me?" and tell of how we don't deserve such.
Our faith is not in God perse, but in how "much" we have done "for Him" or "sown" into "His work" and how "good" we are.

Such thinking or mentality gets us nowhere with God, and gets us nothing from Him.

Ask the the elder brother of the prodigal son...

"Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid that I might make merry with my friends: But as soon as this thy son was come, which art devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." – Luke 15: 29-31.

Stop trying, struggling, working, striving, and labouring to make yourself deserving of your inheritance in Christ. It is yours simply because you are a son; not because you merited it. It is all by grace.

Remember, "all that I have is yours..."

So, when you work, it is not in order to gain something. It is because you are a responsible son... who must see to his Father's business.

By: Bimbola Tayo-Bamidele

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

You do not need to invite the Holy Spirit

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester

Let's talk about Bimpe Bamgbose-Martins

Why Salt kills earthworms?

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Geek Charming (2011)

The Weekly WhatsApp Status-Quotes Challenge – The LPI

Understanding the Factors that make Children Brilliant