Organizational Leadership

A few days ago, I found myself in a work space where I had to negotiate for a deal with an organization.

I was welcomed warmly. As I walked down to the appointed office, I was concerned by the facial expression of one of the employees as we moved in opposite directions. He muttered words in complaint with face bowed to the ground as He had received a portion of the managers venom for not meeting up with the required task.
He pronounced a few challenges before him to another coworker as they moved to resume duty. He muttered the sleepless nights his family has faced because of their sick child and how this has drained his finances.

The manager at his end was still expressing his displeasure until he got a sight of me.
I was immediately seated with Him and we chatted for about 5 minutes before we commenced the business of the day. We talked about family, business and government.

Though I was surprised at the immediate change of mood.

Alas; I am the ideal client; "the one who matters more to the manager and should be treated with so much decorum"

After I left that space, I thought about how any working environment could be as much conducive to a client as well as it is to an employee.

What will happen to an organization if employees have a good system where they could be helped to pull through challenges unrelated to their job, so they could be more productive in their work space.

Responsive leadership is more about seeking out the welfare of followers even in matters outside the work space like family, health and finances.

Everyone needs someone to pull through.

What's your experience as an employee or employer?
How do you handle such situations at work?

By: Ekwe Chijioke

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

You do not need to invite the Holy Spirit

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester

Let's talk about Bimpe Bamgbose-Martins

Why Salt kills earthworms?

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Geek Charming (2011)

The Love and Positivity Initiative – LPI

I am a seed. I cannot be buried. I can only be planted!