How to Discipline Yourself to Take ACTION even when You Don't feel like

As long as day and night occurs, the singular factor that separates successful people from the average person is ACTION.
A lot of motivational talks have been written about taking action. But only few really show people how to take action.

So, I want to show you how I discipline myself to take action even when I don't feel like.
The strategies work like calabar juju. Okay, enough of the joke.

1. Set a goal.

You can't achieve anything if you don't set a goal to achieve something. So the fist strategy to taking action is setting a goal.

2. Tell everyone about your intentions.

It depends on the goal anyway, you can tell just a person or tell many people. When you tell people about your intention to do something, you feel obligated to do it. It becomes like a promise that needs to be fulfilled.
Personally, what I do is to announce it on Facebook. When I share it on Facebook, I feel accountable to the people who I have told.

3. Get an accountability partner.

This is one of the best things that happened to me this year. I've been planning to do a particular thing but I feel lazy anytime I want to try it. I come up with a thousand and one excuses.
So, recently I got a friend to become my accountability partner. He's practically been on my neck. Sometimes I'm scared of answering his calls. This has made me super conscious of my goals. In fact, I've started working on it already.

So, get someone who you'll be accountable to. Tell him/her about your goals. Then ask him/her to become your accountability partner.
Sometimes, you'd have to pay for it. That's right. It's like hiring a coach.

4. Set a deadline.

Setting a deadline for your goals puts you into pressure to achieve them. Set a date when you want to achieve a particular goal.

5. Just do it.

No matter what I say here, everything will still depend on you. At the end of the day, the responsibility lies on you. You owe yourself greatness. If you want it bad enough, you'd sit up and grind.
It will interest you to know that Someone's Success is dependent upon your Success.

By: Promise Excel

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

You do not need to invite the Holy Spirit

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester

Let's talk about Bimpe Bamgbose-Martins

Why Salt kills earthworms?

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Geek Charming (2011)

The Weekly WhatsApp Status-Quotes Challenge – The LPI

Understanding the Factors that make Children Brilliant