Do You Believe in Miracles?

Do you believe in Miracles?

That was the question a friend asked me years back while I was struggling with my life and schooling.

Ultimately my answer was NO! Followed by a smile.
Why? Because I didn't.

I had the worse grade, I was very broke. I was in a highly abusive relationship (abuse by ME). Well of course, you don't expect me to go through all these and do well in school.

Anyway, my biggest issue was I hate reading. To crown it all, I also didn't like my course of study. I was in my final year with truck load of carryover and I needed to graduate. Of course, I already knew I was going to bag an extra year.

Let me explain what I mean by I hate reading. When I open a book, I sleep off or start crying (people who knew me then can testify). So when this guy asked me if I believed in Miracles, I said No; because I have heard testimonies of people saying; angels came to write exams for them or they never read but they wrote the exam well because an angel wrote on the board.

Why I don't believe in those stories are; I have tried them. I had huge faith, I prayed but I never READ. And I failed greatly.

So Ibukun went on and told me he wanted me to believe in miracles and he wasn't asking me not to read, he just needed and believe miraculously that I would understand and come out with flying colors. I said OKAY. I mean there was no harm in trying.

During my extra year, I was working and I hardly attended classes. In fact, I didn't attend at all, I missed tests and attendance. All I did was make photocopy of notes. Exam time came, I sat down to read my first paper, it was still difficult. When I was about to start crying, I remembered what Ibukun had told me about miracles.

"Miracle are mysterious but it doesn't have to be easy".

With that knowledge, I started to say to myself; a miracle is going to happen to me, God give me a miracle. Lo and behold, I found interest in my course for the first time in 5 years. I had the best result without a single carry over.

I graduated not with the best grade (since my First year to the Fourth wasn't so good) but something about my orientation changed, which can make me say boldly that MIRACLES still happens. All you have to do is Believe.

Happy New Day!

By: Svelte Bintu Eniola Bolarinwa

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

You do not need to invite the Holy Spirit

Have a Determined Spirit

Let's talk about Bimpe Bamgbose-Martins

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Dream Big, Aim High, Never give doubt a Chance

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Geek Charming (2011)