Giving a bit of Yourself

She mentioned her love for me and spoke softly that night over the phone. Her voice soothed my heart and almost wiped out the stress I had earlier in the day. I was lost in my euphoria – the gladness that my gift to her was well appreciated.

This thought overwhelmed me until a strange one came. It came so subtly, it came as a question which I only thought came to take away my happiness. The more I tried to keep it away, the more it sought for my attention. After a good fight I decided to give it the attention it sought for – I said perhaps "it is only a question that needed an answer."

The question that came to dispel my initial happiness was whispered again, "When was the last time you received a gift from her?"
I quickly tried to discard the thought by the fact that she is only a university student who doesn't have cash enough to spend on gifts.

Another question interrupted, "When was the last time she just appreciated you and confessed her love to you without being stimulated by a gift?" Why do you keep busy seeking her good?

At the sound of the question, I wondered for a while why my mind was taking me through this muse.

Again I exonerated her from my personal judgment, responding, "I do not need her goodies to respond to her in a positive way. I should not allow another's goodness to define my liberality and love"

At this response my heart found peace.

Do not rejoice if you are a female reading this. Do not say, he should have this kind of sense. Do not say this post exonerates me.
Why?

Getters generally don't get happiness; givers get it. You simply give to others a bit of yourself – a thoughtful act, a helpful idea, a word of appreciation, a lift over a rough spot, a sense of understanding, a timely suggestion.

You take something out of your mind, garnished in kindness out of your heart, and put it into the other fellow's mind and heart.

Money and physical gifts are just a set of materials you can give. There are several ways to show your appreciation and make contribution to the growth of your relationship.

Any of both parties can be guilty of selfishness in a relationship (marital relationships inclusive); either male or female.

While the liberal partner trust for a change in the other partner, he or she must remember Genuine love seeks one thing only:
The Good of the one Loved.

"For God so LOVED the world that He GAVE His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16.

To your LOVE, add GIVING.

T.J William
Sapient Advisor
#HeartGist©2017

Has this post added value to you? Be kind enough to like, comment and share.

By: TJ William

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

You do not need to invite the Holy Spirit

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester

Let's talk about Bimpe Bamgbose-Martins

Why Salt kills earthworms?

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Geek Charming (2011)

The Love and Positivity Initiative – LPI

I am a seed. I cannot be buried. I can only be planted!