Idea Mapping Mastery

Turn your ideas to a profitable business framework, using these simple steps.
Just like many of you, I knew I wanted to put my knowledge into better use, I knew I wanted to “sack my boss” ASAP, and build my own solid consulting practice. Did I know how? No, did I think it was do-able, ermmmm, realistically NO.

Way back to secondary school I could see what the business owner couldn’t see and why his/her business wasn’t growing and getting the reach it deserved, Oh! how oga James loved me, he wanted to marry me off to all his brothers WHY? Cos Nnanke turned his St. James Couture BOUTIQUE in old town Ojuelegba to a sales haven using simple tricks we now know as “CALL TO ACTION”. The wu tang luminous shoes and the ecko jeans were my very best sellers, and trust me, I sold at least seven pairs of wu tangs DAILY (N25,000 MINIMUM). No wonder at 19, I had registered my first company with a managing partner from the prestigious Artee industries and Mr. Gupta will suggest I take a train from Benin to Lagos every weekend to come back to my job at Deli foods, cos Mc Vities at the time thought I was too much an asset to quality control and business development than anyone thought possible. I was only 20 and in 200 Level, so what did I think I knew or so my older colleagues thought?

Fast forward to grad school, my side gig would have been completing capstones for MY CLASS MATES, but I did it for free. The platforms in grad school was really awesome, I could spot the flaws in my team members term paper all the way from Chicago and people sent private emails every time to help them edit their business reports, that should have told me I had a gift right…but I wasn’t quite in the “be a boss of yourself mode”.

Fast forward back to now, restless and now consciously ready to help people with their businesses, help them deal with the overwhelm of being INVISIBLE, I had many questions; What is this kind of business called? How do I tell people I know what I know? How do they know they need it? How can I even monetize it and make a living from it?...

It all begins with idea mapping.

STEP ONE:
WHAT IS MY SUPER POWER SURVEY?
Take sometime to write down everything you have learned and acquired over the years in terms of knowledge, skills, abilities and challenges you have overcome. What can you spend Three hours discussing without interruptions? What do your friends naturally come to you for and how seamless is it for you to provide the required solutions? Oh! I failed to mention in my step one I did the survey amongst my friends and colleagues and they were gracious enough to help me with answers
Below are a few of “em
- Great talker
- Consultant
- Great chef (yep I was the founder of Lunch buddies)
- HR pro
- My colleagues where gracious to say I provide very non-traditional responses to business issues in the office (I know I’m badt like that).

Now it’s your turn. HOME WORK TIME.
Take a sheet of paper, draw a cross and label the four parts:
- Knowledge acquired over the years
- Skills and Abilities
- Challenges over the years
- What do my friends say about me

And then pour out everything…tomorrow, I will show you how to map them into a profitable framework. If you want me to review your home work…send me an email…thebiztransformationsuite@gmail.com
Until then, stay visible and don’t forget the world is waiting on this awesome gift you possess.

Nnanke Essien,
Visibility and business transformation coach

* Written and Shared by Nnanke Offem Essien on September 4 on her Facebook timeline.

Nnanke Offem Essien

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Treat Him like a King

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Life Lessons from the Clock

Geek Charming (2011)

Towards Mental Exploits by David .O. Oyedepo

Why do People think that Introverts are Rude or Arrogant?