God's Love for Us is Unconditional

I grow snails and I have grown so fond of these graceful creatures. I love my snails so much but didn't realize how attached I was to these creatures.

Some weeks back, as I went through my pen taking care of the snails, I discovered an abnormal behavior in one of my snails, it was a layer. I discovered it had lost weight, was sluggish and inactive. Immediately I knew something was wrong. I paid extra attention to it. Firstly, I quarantined it, increased its macro nutrient source and gave it more room. I monitored it for over a week and there was no improvement; I didn't know when I laid my hands on it and prayed that God should heal my snail. I believed it was healed. Early every morning, when I go to take care of the snails, I checked on that particular snail first but there was no improvement instead the situation deteriorated.

Finally my beloved snail died, I felt so bad that it affected my countenance the whole day. This was just because of a single snail, I have many snails but because of a single snail I was unhappy.

A similar incident played out again, this time it was a baby snail, a few weeks old. I discovered it's shell was badly damaged, I felt so bad because I didn't know what to do to help the poor creature, still believing a miracle happens.

Funny, all these sincere emotions are due to common creatures like snails, even though I have many of them. I can't bear the thought of losing one. I could do anything possible to see to the survival of those animals and that thought me a great lesson. If bad me can be so emotional and loving towards animals that are dispensable at anytime, how much more is the love of God towards us – his image. This made me understand that God can go any length to ensure we are okay.

God's love for us is unconditional. He is continually and actively doing things that will guarantee us a better life.

By: Raphael Donanu

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Treat Him like a King

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Life Lessons from the Clock

Geek Charming (2011)

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester

Grace and Favour are not a license for laziness and mediocrity