ME and FUNKE

Do you still remember the person who bought you your first phone? What about the angel that gave you your first Bible? What about your first Laptop? What about capital for your first business?

I can still remember how excited I was when I got my first laptop as a gift from an older friend.
People tend to remember the individuals who come as the first born in certain acts towards them; regardless of the nature of the act, either positive or negative.

Ladies never forget the guy who disvirgined them. Guys don't forget the girl they first had sex with.

A wealthy pastor may not be able to account for the names of the individuals who buys him cars presently, but he will certainly not forget the person who gave him his first car gift.

So, I met Funke last week....
I was on my way to a friend's office when I was stopped by this young girl. She got my attention by calling out my name. I had to stop, but looking at her face I couldn't recognize her. It's been more than Seven years. She said, "I know you can't recognize me, my mum's name is...." In a moment it all fixed, I remembered her name and was amazed at the transformation she had undergone physical.

Funke, reminded me of an act of kindness towards her about eight years ago. She said, "You were the person that gave me my first big Bible, I am still using it. It's still in my house."
That left me smiling and thinking. What if I had left a negative memory? Probably, that is what I would have been reminded of. Even though she doesn't mention it, my heart would have pricked me.

The idea is not to be the first to do or become in people's lives. But to consistently show acts of kindness. Because, when the candle of our presence dims, we will be only remembered by what we have done.

By: TJ William

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

Why Salt kills earthworms?

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Treat Him like a King

Let's talk about Bimpe Bamgbose-Martins

The Best Way to really Prepare for the Future is to live Today Well

Geek Charming (2011)

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester

Be Ready before You Commit