Never Assume That They Know

A few days ago (on the day this was written), I sent an email to my subscribers. The call to action in that email was, "get your discount now" with a link to a sales page.
Later, I got a reply from one of the subscribers saying, "where should I get the discount?"
Then I replied, "click this link...."

Yesterday (on the day Promise wrote this), a client I worked with sent me a message asking me what a logo was. He told me that someone requested for his logo and he doesn't know what it means. Then I told him what a logo was and the price to get one. His response was that, if he knew that he needed a logo for his website, he would have paid when he was paying for the web design. I took it that it was my fault. I assumed that everyone knew what I knew. This is the more reason why you should monetize your knowledge.

Many people don't know what you know. The other day, I was discussing with a friend. Then I asked him, "do you have Evernote?"
His response was, "what is Evernote?"
After my experience yesterday with that client, I've stopped assuming.

Assumptions can make you lose money, a client or your life.
In view of this, I ensure that my call-to-actions are explanatory enough. Instead of saying, "register here", I now say, "click here to register", "Click here to pay now"

Although we are in the digital age, not everyone is digitalized. This applies to every aspect of life or business.

Don't assume anything. Communicate your information clearly and simply without ambiguity. And finally, when you send someone a message (email or chat) don't assume he/she has seen it. Send a follow up message all the time unless it's not important to you.

Has this ever happened to you that a client or someone misunderstood your call-to-action?
How did you handle it?

By: Promise Excel

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Treat Him like a King

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Life Lessons from the Clock

Geek Charming (2011)

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester

Grace and Favour are not a license for laziness and mediocrity