How I got out of paid employment in 11 months

It is true that you achieve what you put your mind to.

January 27 2017, I was seated in the office to have my final interview. I have read lots of interview questions and answers online before then like I was going to get a 10 million naira job. Staying without job for a year was the lowest point of my life.

I answered every questions pragmatically and then the very big question!

How long do you see yourself working with us?

"I can only guaranty that I will be here in the next one year", I replied.

I didn't even last a year because I have my purpose and focus in view. I knew exactly what took me there so I wasn't that employee who has the mindset of retirement.

In fact, I never participated in anything long term there.

Maybe you also want to have total control of your time to play a bigger game. The following steps will guide you.

Find your purpose: Every decisions I took springed from my discovery of Oladipupo. Though I was jobless in 2016, I used that year to walk the journey of self discovery, found myself, read books and began to join circles that will influence me positively.

I chased my vision: What's the essence of discovering yourself if you won't fly with your vision? My vision was to live in purpose and to do that, I need money.

I decided on my exit strategy: Why most people are stuck is because they don't have an exit strategy. How do you quit your job when you don't have anything to fall back on?

The problem is that most people don't know what to go into, that's why they stick to that path (no disrespect to anyone).

For me, I knew my path will be to use my skills, talent and expertise to create my own realities.

I invested my salary heavily into paid courses and resources. I paid because I know that's where premium value is and I don't have all day to make every mistakes myself. I simply leverage on the knowledge of others.

Even when I don't have the money, I borrowed to get the courses and my ICAN certification.

One thing most people don't realize is that for you to make money online or offline, money has to leave the account of someone to come to you. And for money to come to you, it's either you offer your services or sell products.

For me, I developed my content marketing skills, learnt to create chat bot like a pro, learnt to use social media for wealth and influence, improve my digital marketing skills and improve my knowledge of the business world as a soon to be chartered accountant.

The question you need to answer is, what will you do?

I acted on my knowledge: Yes, I still have about 5 paid courses that I haven't even opened (no time). But I took massive action on the ones I have studied. I got results and I teach others to get even bigger results.

I productify my knowledge: Knowing is not enough, my mission is to help others. So, I packaged my knowledge into coaching program and paid courses. Influential writers masterclass is an evidence to that.

I was diligent when I get home: After each day's work, I bury myself in my PC to deliver value to my clients and coachees.

I worked with the mindset to get out of paid employment before one year.

I stayed behind to make sure I make more than my salary in multiple folds... The moment I did that consistently, I dropped my letter.

So for you, set your target. In how many months or year do you want to get out? Decide on that and devise your exit strategy to work out the magic. Put in the work to Meet your target.

Get people to encourage you too. Most of my friends are full time entrepreneurs. They played an influential role in the win.

P.S: You can get into network marketing, investment of different kinds and businesses to as your exit strategy.

This is my own way, a fraction of the things I did, my story, the path I walked to achieve this feat.

If you will like me to walk with you on your own journey, feel free to indicate.

Do you have any question? ask!

We are not here to be ordinary.

By: Oladipupo Osofowora

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Life Lessons from the Clock

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Treat Him like a King

You are Stronger than the Storms

Success Story: Anna Phosa

Doing what makes You fulfilled matters