Do not excuse failure for any reason

"Do not Excuse Failure, for any reason on any account" – Cobhams Asuguo.

"I was born blind. No one else among my six siblings is blind. There was no cause for my blindness. No explanation. Doctors just said to my parent that I cannot see with my eyes. And since I’ve never experienced sight, and my mum won’t stop sending me on normal errands, I wasn't aware that I was without sight. So, as a young boy, I indulged in everything. I ran everywhere. I ran into walls and furniture. Ran into people. Jumped over gutters. Played hard and fought even harder to the extent that onlookers will shake their head and say in Pidgin English: 'Person wey we dey feel sorry for, e no dey feel sorry for himself.'

But I never mind because I didn't understand what the pity was all about. But as I grew older and I gained more understanding of the intricacies of living as a sightless person in a world designed for sighted people, I was faced with the looming possibility of failure in my life. But what I actually considered to be much worse was that, people were ready to excuse my failure because of my disability and I made up my mind not to allow that. I said to myself, by excusing failure, and blaming it on my disability, I’ll miss the opportunity.

You see, I do not have the capacity to think of being poor or not being successful. I have made up my mind long time ago that I won't have any option than to do well. People would have ordinarily excused me if I became a failure but I found it more fulfilling to break away from the expectations of mediocrity. Do not excuse failure on any reason for any account" –Cobhams Asuquo.

Today, Cobhams Asuquo is one of the leading music producers in Nigeria and all over the world. He's a musician, music producer and songwriter and he has helped numerous talented individuals in Nigeria.

If Asuquo can, you also can!

By: Olusola Opeyemi

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Life Lessons from the Clock

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Treat Him like a King

You are Stronger than the Storms

Doing what makes You fulfilled matters

MindSet by – Jude Onyekachukwu Igwe