I am a seed. I cannot be buried. I can only be planted!

When life rejects you as a waste of lemon, shake off the tag and GROW up into a lemonade!

I grew up to my early teenage in Ilorin, Kwara state, Nigeria and countless times, I saw my mum poured cooking waste water containing tomato and vegetable seeds into a corner of our backyard through the kitchen window.

Also, I grew up always seeing some tomato and vegetable plants growing at the corners of our unused backyard turned dumping site for kitchen waste and I always wondered who planted them and in fact, I also always thought they were unhealthy vegetables since they grow on a mere dirty, sometimes stinking waste-dumping site.

One beautiful Sunday evening, returning back from our church's evening service, we were all famished and mum was wondering what to cook. Lo and behold, she went to the backyard (God bless mothers) and came back with some very green and massively leafy vegetables. Before you say Jack's not hot (sorry, Jack Robinson), the aroma of a sweet efo riro (a popular Yoruba vegetable soup) was testing our smelling capacities. I left my younger siblings at the sitting room to check on my mum in the kitchen only to shockingly see God-sent eba and efo riro staring seductively at me. Known to always ask questions as a little boy, I asked where the efo riro came from, and without hesitation, she said from the backyard, that is, from the plants growing on the waste-dumping site. I immediately uttered "hnnn, uyamma" (a colloquial way of indicating dislike or disdain in Ilorin city in those days).

However, when the food was served, I couldn't resist the allure. I devoured it voraciously without sparing a tiny piece on my serving plate.

Ordinarily, one would expect a rejected kitchen 'waste' that was poured away to end it's life there and be forgotten because it wasn't needed for cooking in that season. But give it time, even in a semi-conducive environment, it'll grow into the ingredients for your next soup.

In life, sometimes we're rejected and tagged a job/relationship/business/social misfit cum waste in some seasons of our life, and this crashes our self-belief or hope for a better life. But know this, even though you were thrown away into a 'waste-dumping site' by life and covered in dirty soil and ashes, you're not buried (your life isn't ending there), you're planted as a seed and it's a matter of time (so be patient), you'll grow up and out with another renewed value to solve a pressing need and a purpose in another season.

So, this new week, shake off every limiting emotions of self-doubt and sadness as a result of past rejections, and say to yourself, "I am a seed. I can't be buried. I can only be planted!"

It doesn't matter what waste ground life threw you into, even the waste will serve as your fertilizer if you don't lose hope and keep growing up to improve your value.

I see a new week of the best opportunities unfold before you, go kill it!

You are unstoppable!
@DrOsaz

By: Deji Osasona

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Life Lessons from the Clock

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Treat Him like a King

You are Stronger than the Storms

Success Story: Anna Phosa

Towards Mental Exploits by David .O. Oyedepo