Dare To Believe

You: I feel like I should get started on this new idea already, I feel I should expand my reach a bit, broaden my scope, try once more to do more with my life, try my hands on a new venture.

Fear: Here we go again. You always just think of ways to make things difficult for yourself. Last time, you went and started that business I told you not to, see the result. You failed and lost all the money, now you want to start again.

You: Something in me tells me this will work. I feel it in my guts – that this will be different, deep inside in me, that this is why I was born. I have to do this, I want to, I need to, I can't afford not to.

Fear: Spare me all that motivational gibberish. As for me, I am afraid. I FEAR for your well being. Why don't you just manage this salary you are currently earning or soon to be earning. I mean, it's quite comfortable. A lot of people will kill to be in your place you know. You read a good course in school, it's safe, it's guaranteed. Every month you get paid your salary. You seem to just like coming up with ways to complicate your existence. Keep it simple. If you go into this new venture, what if you fail? You'll loose money, loose face, they will call you a wannabe, a failure. I say we forget about this your new found ambition, abandon your dreams, stay simple. I say you just love and live your life as it is already – quiet, calm, safe, soft, peaceful, stress less.

You: But I don't love this life I am living. I want more, to be more, to do more, I want to live an exciting life, pursue my dreams, I don't want to be a mediocre.

Fear: Who cares if you don't love your life? At least, it's safe. Half bread is better than nothing. Mediocrity isn't that bad. Why strive for the top? Why strive to be the best when it's difficult? It's challenging, it's risky, abandon this your dream. People will laugh at you, mock you, call you names. Imagine you starting such a business, it's never being done before in your family, you will fail.

Courage: If I may, I would like to say something. I think you should go ahead and start already, no more delay. You feel it in your gut, you feel the drive, that's enough. I say you consult information and have a chat with knowledge and understanding about what you want to do. But don't listen to fear, he's always been a chicken. I'm telling you, don't listen to him. Pursue your dreams.

Fear: What does this one know? Calling me a chicken? Well done Eagle. Mock me all you want. Don't listen to me, he tells you. But know this, all I'm trying to do is keep you safe, keep you out of danger. Risks will only get you in dangers way. What if you fail? Have you thought of that? How do we get the funds? the patronage? What if people don't buy into the vision? What if your dreams are just day dreams? And did you know there is a 75 percent chance of you failing, 75 percent?

Courage: And a 25 percent chance of succeeding. I say we take it. That's enough for me. Take it! Cowards die twice, no risk, no reward.

Fear: What if we fail?

Courage: What if we succeed?

Fear: What if we succeed? Can you handle the growth, the expansion, the wealth, fame, popularity that will come as a result? You will have more enemies, more eyes on you, good eyes and bad eyes, kidnappers, armed robbers, witches, etcetera. You will have a busy schedule, 24/7, hope you know that?

Courage: You will overcome. Would you rather be poor, a nobody, filled with the potential yet die a nonentity? Is that what he wants for you? Don't listen to him, he's trying to scare you, ignore him. Remember God's word says: 'Greater is he that is in You, than he that is in the world'. Horses are prepared for battle but safety is of the lord.
And about the funds to start? Didn't He promise to supply all your needs? God's grace is available for you. Go ahead, pursue your dreams, it's possible.

Fear: Don't pursue your dreams. Let go your ambitions, you will be safer. Come stay with me at Comfort Zone villa, I will protect you.

Courage: So what's your decision?

ME: HEY, WHAT'S YOUR DECISION?

To Be or not to Be?
To Do or not to Do?
Known vs the Unknown?

Whatever decision You take, know that in the end, You will either have RESULTS OR REGRETS.

As for me, I'd rather have results, You?

The things You are passionate about are not random, they are Your calling.

By: Musa Gift (MG)

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Treat Him like a King

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Life Lessons from the Clock

Geek Charming (2011)

Towards Mental Exploits by David .O. Oyedepo

Why do People think that Introverts are Rude or Arrogant?