The Word of God is not judged by Speed but by State

I watched Benny Hinn lay hands on people and they'd be healed instantly. But at some private instances, I've had to pray for a cold to leave my chest and that stuffiness took a while. How come God's word seemed so slow, so lazy-footed in some cases when I needed it to be fast, quick? Didn't an Hebrew text say the word of the Lord is quick?

Every time I thought of this text, I didn't feel it was my experience that God's word was lightening fast. Why does At feel like it takes time to materialize? Why do headaches or body pains sluggishly go away. I have to declare God's word a number of times – days, weeks, months, even years! God seems slower than the juju man who boasts of instant results.
"Bring a fowl head and get rich quick." "Take this little black stone and you get a lover of your choice."

Can't the Almighty God have a word this quick? Isn't that what the writer of Hebrew says about God's word?

The word "quick" there is not a synonym for instant or fast as I once thought. The word is ζάω (zao) in the Greek, meaning life, breath. It means God's word is alive, breathing, full of vigor.
In other words, we don't judge God's word by speed (fast or slow), we judge it by state (alive or dead). God's word is Alive. That's all that matters!
You need something to have its full life? Speak God's word to it! It surely will come alive; breathing, kicking and true just like you said it!

By: Olulade Ebenezer

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Treat Him like a King

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Life Lessons from the Clock

Geek Charming (2011)

Towards Mental Exploits by David .O. Oyedepo

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester