Accepting Vulnerability

Have you ever felt stuck and alone about a situation with regards to your life, career, finances, etcetera; and had absolutely no clue how to get out of it?

If you have ever felt this way, or still do – you’re not alone on this journey and the answer is not as difficult as you might think.

I have realized that one of the major challenges we face during this phase is not the unavailability of solution – but rather our inability to share our concerns with others.

We need to understand that whenever we find ourselves in difficult or challenging situations – we don’t have to get through it alone and should be brave enough to ask for help.

Personally, I grew up thinking I had to figure everything out as my upbringing exposed me to making decisions and doing things alone. This helped me in many ways, however, I later realized that it conditioned me to think I needed to know all the answers.

I guess this was making me a perfectionist in a way – always wanting to figure things out by myself.

Even as a corporate professional, I often have a hard time asking for help. I didn’t really know how to ask for help. I always felt awkward. One part of me felt ashamed that I couldn’t figure it out on my own, and the other part of me felt bad to bother someone else to help me.

Looking back, maintaining that façade was so tiring. I didn’t have a moment to relax and just be “me”. I often have friends tell me I am uptight, I don’t open up, I am rigid and likes. However, I have realized that asking for help doesn’t mean you’re weak. You’re just human enough to understand your capabilities and have the courage to ask for help!

You can’t figure everything out on your own. No one can. Even experts and mentors accept their gaps and seek help when they need it to make the best decisions.

It’s absolutely okay to ask for help, vulnerability is not weakness!

Everyone needs a team of supporters, and so do you.

Your friend,
SA.

By: Samuel Akinlotan

Comments

Popular Posts

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Grace and Favour are not a license for laziness and mediocrity

The Weekly WhatsApp Status-Quotes Challenge – The LPI

MindSet by – Jude Onyekachukwu Igwe

Success Story: Charlie Chaplin

The Betrayal – A Short Story

You do not need to invite the Holy Spirit

Success Story: Anna Phosa

Every hour, every minute, every second, counts!