From BITTER TO BETTER

3rd of May 2012, I reached a milestone age but with lots of dashed hopes and expectations that made me tag that year the darkest moment of my life.

And as usual, deep emotions provoke my poetry prowess, so I penned down this poem I titled – 'from BITTER to BETTER':

Your deepest fear is often not the thickness of your darkness;
Your deespest fear is often the light in you that you fail to harness!
Your biggest worry is not really about your capacity to live in pleasure;
Your biggest worry is really about your capacity that's beyond measure!
What stresses you is less of what you don't have control over;
What stresses you is more of what you can control but fail to discover!
What drains you is less of the heaviness of what you bear on your head;
What drains you is more of your heart's heaviness when hope is dead!

Show me a man that is totally free of today's challenging marketplace;
And I'll show you a man denied the chance of mastering his space!
Show me a man celebrating being totally free of any societal strife;
And I'll show you the man who inspires no other man to fight for his life!
For it won't matter at the end, what challenges you've had to face;
What would matter is who you've become because of the challenging race!
Knowing thus that in all these, you are not designed to get bitter;

Let's therefore wake up and shake off any bitterness to get better!

You are unstoppable!
@DrOsaz

By: Deji Osasona

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

You do not need to invite the Holy Spirit

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Understanding the Factors that make Children Brilliant

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester

Life Lessons from the Clock

The Attitude Of A Champion

Let's talk about Fela Durotoye

Writing a Great Content Demands Constant Development

3 Idiots (2009)