Change the Change

Counselling Session:

ME: Your fiancée, Jane tells me you say she doesn't know how to laugh, is that true?

HIM: Yes, it is. I have tried teaching her how to laugh like a real lady should, like her friend Janet, but have met with little progress.

ME: Wawu... And emmm, She also tells me you think her walking step is awkward and needs improvement, is that correct?

HIM: Yes, I have told her to look and learn how to walk like Janet her friend; more feminine and with more poise and style.

ME: And you complain about her height too (I wonder what you want her to do about that) and her figure; and you think her eyes are too deep inside, like mine. Is that correct?

HIM: Yes, I have asked her to put on some weight around her hips and loose some around her waist like Janet.

ME: I see. Considering all these, the ones I have mentioned and the ones I didn't that you want to change about her, may I ask you a simple question, please? Do you love her?

HIM: Of course I do, with all my heart.

ME: What exactly do you love about her?

HIM: Everything.

ME: I will be honest with you. You do not love ANYTHING about the woman Jane is. You love EVERYTHING about the Woman Jane CAN BECOME FOR YOU. And that's dangerous for her and you. I have a better solution.

HIM: Please do tell.

ME: Let Jane go. Let her meet a person that loves her the way she is. Stop making her feel inadequate for you. She is adequate enough as she is already, it's you who isn't seeing that. And, might I suggest you get to know Janet better, it SEEMS you lik...

HIM: Seems what?

Me: Nothing.

Musa Gift (MG)

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Life Lessons from the Clock

Comportment and Etiquette

You are Stronger than the Storms

Why Salt kills earthworms?

The Betrayal – A Short Story

We once heard that the Television was the devil's box

Understanding the Factors that make Children Brilliant