Storytell like Starbucks

I was surfing the web some days ago and my love for football drove me like a fish into water and straight I went to the site footyroom to view football highlights. El Classico, Emirates Cup, let me quench my longing like a wife awaiting the return of her husband from war.

As the site got loading, a video on the top of the screen caught my attention. And the caption, “5 things you did not know about coffee” arouse my curiosity and I was fixed.
Let me see what these oyibo people think they know better.
The video played on, point after point and I could not argue, I was fixated like my life depended on it.
The clarity of the message, talking about the volume of coffee consumed each day, worldwide. New York, the city that consumes the highest volume of coffee and the fact that Starbucks opened two shops each day since 1987.
I was smiling at the simplicity of the message, the facts and then the story woven inside. It was a beautiful mix that climaxed in unveiling Starbucks to the viewer in such a way it evokes emotion.
It would leave the feeling of history whenever you drink a Starbucks' coffee. It was a great ad, not intrusive or trying to force the Brand on the viewer.

What can you as an individual or a business learn from this?

Weaving stories into your brand's message and communication will go a long way in letting your customers open their heart to receive your message.
Story sells, fact tells.

We are emotional beings. Next time you think of making an ad, or even a content to share, ask yourself if the content has the right emotional balance to evoke a reaction. If no, trash or improve it.

Have you seen an ad that you connected with?
What struck you and the learning you took away from it to implement?

Peter Ochuko Kajovo

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

Comportment and Etiquette

Life Lessons from the Clock

Why Salt kills earthworms?

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Leadership and Politics Quotes, this Week

From Jude's Wall (Part 15)

Understanding the Factors that make Children Brilliant