Life is a Long Shot

When I see those that knew me when I was much younger, probably those we lived in same area or schooled together, I often wonder what they think of me today. About who I have become. I am far different from the person they knew, yet I know I only just begun in my journey to change lives all around the world.
When I see men and women, and the weight of abilities they carry, I am astounded. Many of whom are not taking any step whatsoever to show the world the depth of possibility locked in their very soul. Sadly so.

I have grown to be able to have conversations with people and pick messages off their lives. Things lying there waiting for expression. Edgy. It is usually a sight to behold when they have “aha” moments, seeing the possibilities that abound within them. I cherish such moments.

I was speaking with a very inspiring lady yesterday evening (on the day this was written) and what she said touched my heart. She was loaded with messages from her life experience to bless many lives. She knows she should and can, yet taking little action.

Sometimes, we are waiting for a perfect moment. “When this and this is ready, then I will begin” we say. Keeping us locked in the same spot months and years gone. Sad.

Where are you right now in your life's work? Still planning for years now? Waiting for the perfect timing? Scared? Unsure? Mocked and broken in the past so much so you have stayed in same place?

Difficult I know, but you can do something about it.
The question is, are you willing to let yourself shine regardless of the vulnerability of stepping out?

I once attended a training, a time when I was still unsure of what I should be doing with my life. I heard just one word from the facilitator, Bankole, that changed my story.
He said, “Peter, clarity is a journey”.
Those words pierced my soul and scales fell from my eyes. I went to his training to learn the Business of Speaking but left with that word we had during lunch break and it changed my life forever.

Today is your day, who will remember you as one that changed their world? Who will recall your voice and sing your song celebrating the blessing you are?

It's your time to step into the light.
Do you feel like you are not really expressing your fullness, what might you say is holding you back? If you have started out, how does it feel like living your message?

By: Peter Ochuko Kajovo

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

IPad, Android Phones Versus Bible

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

Comportment and Etiquette

Life Lessons from the Clock

Why Salt kills earthworms?

The Betrayal – A Short Story

Leadership and Politics Quotes, this Week

From Jude's Wall (Part 15)

Understanding the Factors that make Children Brilliant