Eggshells (Episode 8)

Hello?"
Silence.
"Hello..."
Silence.
"Hello, I can hear you."
"Hello Donald", came Jane's voice from the other end.
Donald immediately recognized the voice and was shocked. He hadn't checked the number that was calling before he answered. But then again, he had Jane's contact on his phone; he knew he couldn't bring himself to deleting it no matter how much he tried to. He was the one to get silent this time around, his silence was probably due to shock.
"Donald, are you there?"
Silence.
"This is Jane Agwu. I just thought I should call you to let you know that I'm around. I got back from London two days ago."
He finally spoke.
"Jane, it's been long. I searched for you where you used to live but I could not find you. I tried calling your number severally but it wasn't reachable. So good to know you're back."
"Yes, I know. My sister told me everything."
"She did?"
"Yes, she did. I had to leave then for my own good. But I'm back now."
"For how long will you be staying?"
"How long? I think my return this time should be permanent. I don't think I'm going back to London anytime soon."
"That's good to know."
"I would love to see you, Donald."
"Yeah, me too."
"Alright. I'll send you a text to fix a venue and date and you can get back to me with the time."
"That would be a perfect idea."
"Alright. My regards to your wife."
Donald hesitated; he felt awkward.
"Sure, thank you."
The call ended. Donald pondered on the call he had just received from Jane, his ex and the woman he truly would have preferred to have gotten married to. She even knew he was married yet she spoke so casually and calmly to him. Could it be that she had forgiven him for what he did to her in the past? He really wanted to see her more than ever now.

**********

Prisca got out of the bathroom and was wiping her wet body with the towel when she saw Felix wearing his clothes. He was getting prepared to leave. She moved closer to him.
"No, you can't go. You can't leave yet."
"Prisca, what's wrong with you? You know your sister will be returning today with my cousin from the village. I don't want them to get home and start looking for me. I have to be on my way so that I can get home in time."
"Really? So my sister is now more important to you."
"What are you saying? You know your sister has always been important to me. She has always been my number one priority."
"There is no way you're leaving this place so soon. Not until I'm through with you."
She went to the door and locked it with the key. She took the key, went into the toilet, and flushed it down the drain. She came out to the room and stood folding her arms.
"What did you just do?", Felix asked her.
"I just flushed the key. We're both stuck in this room."
"You did what? What has come over you? This is not the you I used to know."
"Well, people change and I know I'm not the first person to."
"Do you realize what you've just done? We've committed one sin and now you're adding more to it? Do you want your sister to find out what happened between us?"
"I don't care whether she finds out or not. All I care about is you. Felix, you are all that matters to me."
"But don't you get it? I am your sister's husband. I am your brother in law and I love your sister a lot."
"Oh really? You do? It didn't look like that a while ago when you were making love to me."
"I'm sorry but you seduced me."
Prisca laughed.
"I seduced you? Now you want to blame what happened on me? If I was able to seduce you and you fell, then you don't love my sister as much as you claim."
"Okay fine. But can I go please?"
"You are not going anywhere until I say so. We'll have two more rounds or even more than that depending on my mood before I can release you."
"Ah Prisca! Don't do this to me! I'm sorry I slept with you. I didn't know you were a virgin. I'm sorry."
"Sorry cannot undo what has been done. Sorry cannot change anything at this point. You just have to continue what you have started."
Prisca was happy her plan was working. Onyeka had taught her on what to do but she was surprised at how smart a student she had grown into. She deserved an Oscar award or something. Anyone who saw her there would believe her instantly. She was tired of waiting for Ada to give her money for anything she needed. She now had direct access to the source of the money. She moved closer to Felix and started to remove his clothes. After she was down to his boxers, she pushed him to the bed and unrobed herself as she climbed on top of him.

**********

Stanley opened his eyes and saw Franca lying beside him. She was sleeping; they both had had sex close to four times that morning. He looked at the wall clock and saw that the time was quarter past twelve. He got up and went into the bathroom to wash his face. He then used the toothpaste to clean his mouth. He didn't want to wake Franca up to ask her if she had a spare toothbrush. As he entered the bedroom, he saw that Franca had woken up. She was however still lying on the bed. He sat beside her.
"I hope you're satisfied now! You almost killed me", she said jokingly.
"I did? I'm sorry. But I thought we both enjoyed it."
"Well you're right about that. You're totally a monster in bed."
"Oh common! But this monster is in love with you."
"I hear you."
"You hear me? Is that what you will say?"
"What do you want me to say?", she asked as she sat up.
"I was expecting you to say that you love me too."
"Stanley, let's take it slowly okay. Let's not rush things."
"What do you mean by rush things? I thought you agreed to marry me."
"Yes I did but that doesn't mean I'm in love with you."
"So why did you agree to marry me?"
"I have my personal reasons that I can't disclose. To me, love should be shown and not said. I believe I have not acted in any way to show you that I hate you, have I?"
"But that's not what I meant. What I meant was that..."
"Stanley, don't worry about that. Let me quickly go and continue what I was cooking before", she said as she got up and went out of the bedroom.
Stanley was left in a state of awe and wonder.

**********

Stella was reading a novel in the sitting room when Donald entered. He had been in the bedroom.
" Stella, I want to tell you something."
"What is it about?", she asked nonchalantly.
"Our dinner date."
She looked at him with interest.
"What about our dinner date?"
"The thing is I want to reschedule it. I didn't know I would be meeting with a client during that time. I'm sorry I forgot and give you a wrong date."
"But since when did clients do dinner with my husband? What may be so important that you want to discuss that you cannot discuss over lunch or breakfast. Why must it be dinner? Does this client not know that you're a married man?"
"Stella, it's not as serious as you think it is. It's just a business dinner date."
"Alright. If you say so but I still find it very funny though."
"You don't have to. It's nothing. I mean, it's not my first."
"It's okay. No problem. Fix it anytime."
She took the novel and continued to read it as Donald departed to go inside the bedroom.
He wasn't going to see any client, he was going to see Jane. He ached to see her again.

To Be Continued..

Comments

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

Let's talk about Bimpe Bamgbose-Martins

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Grace and Favour are not a license for laziness and mediocrity

You do not need to invite the Holy Spirit

The Love and Positivity Initiative – LPI

The Weekly WhatsApp Status-Quotes Challenge – The LPI

I am a seed. I cannot be buried. I can only be planted!

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester