Eggshells (Episode 4)

If Donald thought Stella would let him leave the house that morning so easily, then he was mistaken. Donald who was dressed for the office with his suitcase in his hand tried to open the door to leave the house. However, the door didn't open. He tried severally until Stella came out to the sitting room with a smile on her face. She had locked the door and she was holding the keys in her hand. She smiled widely as Donald turned back to look at her. He placed his suitcase on the table. He looked angry.
"What is the meaning of this, Stella? Have you gone mad?"
"No. You are the one who has gone mad since you refused to touch your wife and satisfy her", she said pointing at him.
He shook his head.
"You have definitely gone insane. Is that why you locked the door? Let me have the keys. I'm running late."
Stella laughed.
"You're going nowhere Donald. We'll both stay in this house throughout today until you give me what I want."
"Donald, I don't want money, clothes or a car. All I want is you. I want my husband to satisfy me very well in bed. Is that too much to ask for?", she continued.
"That is all you know. I don't have time for that."
"You will have time whether you like it or not. What are you? Impotent? I can't remember the last time you kissed or even hugged me in this house. Is there another woman?"
Donald chuckled.
"I don't have time for your drama this morning. Just give me the keys and let me go or else..."
"Or else what?", she asked while she put her hands on her waist.
"Or else you won't like what I will do next."
He walked up to her and carried her up. He threw her on the sofa and held her hands as he took the keys from her. He went straight to the door and unlocked it.
Stella got up and went after him but he had gone into his car and was driving out already. She returned inside the living room and sat on the sofa.
"That man is wicked and I'll deal with him", she said to herself.
Donald thought about his wife as he drove to the office. That woman was beginning to go crazy, he thought. Why was she always so particular about sex? Couldn't she think of anything else apart from it? Donald knew within his heart that he was failing her as a husband in that regard. But there was nothing he could do about it. He couldn't remember when last he had an erection. He had initially thought that it was due to the stress of work but he realized it was more than that the night Stella had stripped naked in front of him and seductively moved her body. It was the night of their third wedding anniversary. Stella had planned a surprise weekend getaway for the both of them at a nice hotel on the outskirts of town. After they both had dinner that night, Stella had suggested them having their baths together. He had declined because he was afraid his secret would be revealed to her. She then decided to seduce him while dancing naked in front of him. He, however, could not get an erection. He had faked an incoming call on his phone just to go out of the room. He went to the smoke bar in the hotel. Although he wasn't a smoker, he lighted a few sticks that night and smoked as he drank alcohol. After he had drank three bottles of alcohol, he went back to the room. He had met Stella already asleep on the bed. He had stared at her and felt sorry for himself. The poor lady didn't know what was happening. He was too ashamed to tell his wife his predicament. As he got out of his car when he arrived at his place of work, he vowed to see his friend, Sean later in the day who was a medical doctor to confide in him and possibly find a solution to his problem.
*******
As soon as Jessica dropped Amanda off at school, she got in her car and began driving to her salon. Jessica had quit working as a secretary about five years ago. She had managed to secure a loan to begin her business. Five months later, she had become a force to reckon with. Jessica never knew anything about hairdressing. She still did not know anything about it. However, she was lucky to have employed hair stylists who did a very good job. Her salon became very popular around the area because of its effectiveness at hairdressing and affordable services rendered to the customers. She was able to pay back the loan in no time and she employed more hair stylists. She also diversified and added cosmetic products to her line of business.
The traffic lights indicated the vehicles to stop. As Jessica tried to increase the volume of the radio set in her car, her phone rang. It was Stanley. She searched for her earphones in her bag. She found it and connected it to her phone before she received the call.
"Madam! Where have you been!", Stanley's voice had began.
Jessica smiled a little.
"Where you left me", she replied.
"I can't remember where I left you", he answered jokingly.
"How are you Stanley?"
"I'm good. I'm at work now but I really would like to see you."
"I hope there is no problem?"
"Do I need to have a problem before I can request to see you?"
"Well these days, you seem to have been remembering me only when you need something. Am I not correct?"
"No you're not. I would want to see you every day of my life if possible."
"Abeg! Don't psyche me this early morning."
"Okay. Can we have lunch later today? Usual place? It's on me."
Jessica smiled.
"Before nko! See you later. I'm in traffic."
"Alright", Stanley said.
She ended the call and drove off to her place of work. She also wanted to see Stanley. She wanted to ask him what lottery he was talking about. A part of her hoped it was not a woman.
*******
Felix got to his place of work and went straight into his office. He ignored the greetings he received from the staff on his way in and focused on where he was headed. He opened the door of his office and entered as he shut it behind him. A good looking woman in her mid forties was in his office waiting for him. The woman looked quite eccentric and she wore an expensive perfume with the smell lingering all over his office. She was gorgeously dressed. She smiled as she looked at Felix. She stretched her hand towards him for a handshake.
"Congratulations dear on a job well done", she said still beaming.
Felix received the handshake and bowed his head a little.
"Thank you Tonia."
The woman withdrew her hand from his and paced around as she spoke.
"I'm sure my husband will be indeed surprised. Thank you. I knew I could trust you."
"That's not a problem for me Ma'am. You're my boss's wife. You asked me to assist you in organizing a surprise birthday party for your husband's fiftieth birthday. How could I have said no?"
"I know I almost caused a confusion for you at home with your wife. And I'm sorry about that. I didn't know she read my text."
Felix sighed.
"Yes I know. She thinks you're my lover."
She almost burst out laughing.
"What?! Lover?! My goodness!"
She laughed out loud.
"I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to cause that confusion. I will accompany you home this evening to explain things to her."
Felix shrugged.
"If you insist on doing so, then no problem. But I don't think you should do that anyway. She of all people is meant to trust me."
"You can't really blame her. She is a woman and I understand how we can be at times. I get like that too sometimes with your boss."
"Okay Madam. Your wish is my command."
She carried her handbag which was on the chair earlier. She was heading to the door when she turned back to look at Felix.
"Did you just say 'Madam'? How many times will I correct you about that? Just call me Tonia. I don't like all the 'Madams' you address me with. I'm that simple okay", she said as she smiled to him.
" I'm sorry. Thank you Madam Tonia. Sorry, Tonia."
"Okay. See you in the evening Felix", she smiled and opened the door.
She went out and shut the door gently behind her.
Felix got to his desk and sat down on the chair. He really felt like calling his wife to explain things to her but he resisted the urge to. He would wait till it was evening as Tonia said. He could not wait to see the reaction on Ada's face as they told her the truth. He really loved his wife.
*******
Stanley was sipping on some orange juice in a restaurant close to his office. The restaurant had a few people in it ordering for food at the counter while some were seated at different tables eating food they had bought. A young couple who sat at the table opposite Stanley's were busy taking selfies and pictures as they ate. Stanley noticed the lady was using an IPhone 6. She must have just gotten it and was showing off with it, he thought.
He really didn't care about all those material things. He was a simple man. He glanced at his wristwatch again and sipped some more juice. He honestly preferred soda but it was unavailable at the restaurant. If he decided to change his mind because of that, Jessica would feel bad. It was her favourite restaurant. Jessica walked in a few minutes after he tried her number and the network gave him the 'not reachable' response. She saw him already where he was seated. She got to the table and sat down.
"You took eternity to get here", he said as she sat down.
"Says the world's most perpetual latecomer", she replied.
"You know there are some times when I could be early. For example, today."
"Which is a Guinness World Record", she said and laughed.
"Alright. Let's settle down to eat. I'm famished already".
He signalled the waitress to come to him. She took their orders and returned a few minutes after with a tray containing what they had ordered. Jessica had ordered fried rice and chicken while Stanley ordered potato chips and salad with chicken. Jessica had also requested for a pack of fruit juice.
As they ate, Jessica had began by teasing him.
"So what is the special occasion, oga Stanley?"
"It's been a while we've done this, don't you think?"
"Yeah right. You've been too busy with work and all to have my time."
"Glad you know that. Aside from that, I have actually missed you."
"Hmmm. You said you were going to tell me something about a lottery you won..."
"Ah that!"
His face lightened up. Jessica wondered what must be the good news.
"I met a woman. Absolutely fantastic woman and she is making me have a rethink", he said and wiped his mouth with a napkin.
"A rethink about what?", her curiosity increased.
"About love and life. Jessie, I think I've found the woman of my dreams."
Jessica was not really surprised. She had not ruled out the aspect of the good news being about a woman.
"So you want to date again?"
"Not just date. I am willing to settle down. More than willing".
She sighed. She wasn't expecting him to be so sure about marriage so soon. Or well, at least, she thought she would be the woman he would end up marrying.
"You seem so anxious. I don't know if you're making the right decision. You only just met her. Where did you even meet her? At the bank? Is she the bank manager?"
"No. She is not. But, I'm a man and trust me dear, we men know when we've found the woman we want to get married to. And don't ask me how, it's just a natural instinct."
"Wow. You really mean this, don't you? Well, I wish you all the best and I really do mean it."
She didn't know whether she meant it or not but Stanley had his mind made up already. It was no point trying to convince him otherwise. She just hoped that lady he was talking about deserved him. Even if she couldn't have Stanley, she wouldn't want him to get into the wrong hands either.
"Thank you dear. Thank you and I want the best for you too."
He reached for her hand on the table and held it for a while. Jessica only smiled and gave a slight nod.
To Be Continued...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Business and Finance Quotes, this Week

Nothing Good Comes Easy (Dr. Nosa's Success Story)

Why Salt kills earthworms?

Grace and Favour are not a license for laziness and mediocrity

You do not need to invite the Holy Spirit

We once heard that the Television was the devil's box

Let's talk about Bimpe Bamgbose-Martins

The Love and Positivity Initiative – LPI

Success Story: How I went from a CGPA of 2.29 to 4.00 within a Semester

Dream Big, Aim High, Never give doubt a Chance